A recent study conducted at Oklahoma State University
The study included 23 participants; all of them had an initial 10-day period, which consisted of consuming no strawberries. After the 10-day period, the participants added strawberries to their daily diet. Finally, after 30 days the subjects were told to avoid strawberries again for 15 days.
The team found that when the subjects consumed strawberries there were significant reductions in their cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, and markers of oxidative stress. It is noted that oxidative stress can cause heart failure, heart attack, and even Alzheimer's disease.
According to the researchers:
"The findings presented here are interesting, because they may partly explain the protective role of a diet rich in fruit and vegetables in preventing CVD and other chronic diseases mediated by oxidative stress.”
CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS—A recent study conducted at Harvard found that consuming green tea has several health benefits, including weight loss.
It is noted that green tea is made up of leaves of camellia sinesis, these are really high in antioxidants, which helps boost your overall health.
The study analyzed the benefits associated with green tea and losing weight. The following are the benefits that the researchers found:
- Green tea consists of saponins, theobromine, and other vitamins that are great for your body and help you stay in shape.
- Green tea contains a compound called epigallocatechin (EGCG). This compound boosts your metabolic rate and reduces your appetite.
- Green tea consists of 10 times more antioxidants compared to other fruits and vegetables, which help prevent several diseases ranging from cancer to Alzheimer's disease
- They found that it helps fights off high cholesterol levels, and keep the arteries unblocked, both of which help prevent heart disease
- They found that compared to other teas, green tea is the best for your health. This is because it contains less caffeine and more antioxidants.
According to the study, too much of anything is bad for your health and moderation is key. The researchers recommend drinking no more than 2-3 cups of green tea per day.
If you are interested in losing weight and receiving additional health benefits, you should consider adding green tea to your daily diet.
Contributed by Larry Berman - Naturecastproducts.com