- First we had a business plan then we had customers. We were financed for a year through the government funded Aspire Self Employment program.
- We had a commercial co-packer to begin with enabling us to sell at Granville Island.
- It began with one local IGA store, then two, then twenty. Then direct to IGA's warehouse.
- The Dragons' Den appearance in November 20120 turned us from a $600K into a $13.5M enterprise in under a year. DO the show if possible.
- SOCIAL MEDIA - without the internet we would not be here.... PERIOD. The $1.5M we did after the show powered us into the stores because we had to finance receivables for at least 45 days and we were paid instantly with PayPal.
- We have put every penny back into the business and into our employees.
- No magic..... just hard work, timing and dedication to our customers with a product that is healthy beyond belief.
Brian and Corin at the Pacific Agriculture Show 2012
Brian and Corin spoke at the Farm Direct Marketing Day, January 28, 2012 hosted by the Pacific Agriculture Show at Tradex in Abbotsford, BC. Brian and Corin were delighted to see a long time friend, one of the company's suppliers and meet new people. Several new retailers in the Abbotsford and Langley area will be carrying Holy Crap in the near future. Brian and Corin shared their phenomenal business success story - from selling their artisan cereal at the Sechelt Farmer's Market to a multi-million dollar company within 18 months. Highlights of their presentation: