Both cereals contain the same mix of seeds; organic chia, organic buckwheat and organic hulled hemp hearts. Holy Crap cereal also contains organic cranberries, organic raisins, organic apple bits and organic cinnamon. Skinny B contains 50% more chia seeds in the seed blend than Holy Crap cereal.
That's it - no other ingredients. Only all-natural organic ingredients (non- GMO).
ORGANIC CHIA You may already know that organic chia is a superfood.
Chia Seeds Are Nutritious
Chia Seeds Are Energizing
- On top of the fact that chia seeds have more omega-3 than any other natural source, they are loaded with antioxidants, calcium, protein, fiber, and many other vitamins & minerals.
Chia Seeds Reduce Cravings
- Not only do chia seeds give you a boost of energy that lasts, they also provide stamina and endurance. A single tablespoon could sustain Aztec warriors for an entire day.
Chia Seeds Are Easily Digestible
- Because chia seeds absorb so much water and have high soluble fiber levels, they help release natural, unrefined carbohydrate energy slowly into the bloodstream.
- Unlike flax seed, chia seeds do not have to be ground up before you ingest them. The human body can easily digest chia seeds, and with about 7 grams of fiber per serving, they actually help.
Despite its name buckwheat is NOT from the wheat family. Holy Crap cereal and Skinny B cereal are gluten-free
ORGANIC HULLED HEMP HEARTS
Buckwheat is not a cereal or a grass Buckwheat is a fruit seed. It's related to rhubarb and sorrel.
Buckwheat is a plant source of protein It also contains iron and zinc.
- Buckwheat is a source of fiber that contains more fiber per cup than oatmeal.
- Buckwheat is one of the best sources of high-quality, easily digestible proteins in the plant kingdom. Its 74% protein absorption rate makes it an excellent meat substitute. It is also very high in carbohydrates (80%) and in antioxidants as well as in numerous minerals and vitamins such as zinc, copper, and niacin. This makes buckwheat an ideal ingredient for a wide range of food products.
- Canadian researchers, publishing their findings in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry have found new evidence that buckwheat may be helpful in the management of diabetes.
- Holy Crap cereal and Skinny B cereal use raw buckwheat. Roasted buckwheat is sometimes called kasha.
Read moreabout Buckwheat
- Holy Crap cereal and Skinny B cereal use Canadian grown organic hemp.
- The whole hemp seed is composed of approximately 45 percent oil, 35 percent protein and 10 percent carbohydrates and fiber.
- Hulled hemp hearts contain more required amino acids (proteins) than milk, meat or eggs.
- Hulled hemp hearts contain several times more omega-3 essential fats than any fish.
- As the world's premier renewable resource, hemp has been the source of food and fibre for the past 10,000 years.
Read more about Hemp Hearts.
If you're interested in a nutritious, gluten-free artisan breakfast cereal that contains 100% organic ingredients - then Holy Crap cereal and Skinny B cereal are for you.
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine thy food." Hippocrates