Throughout our childhood we are taught that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” but when we get older we get “too busy” to eat in the morning. Eating breakfast helps with:
- Focus and energy – Feed your brain. Breakfast gives your brain energy to run on for more than just the morning. A great breakfast sets you up for the whole day.
- Weight control – A good breakfast starts your body’s energy burning machine. Starting this early in the morning will burn more calories all day.
- Digestion – The body is designed so that when you add more food, the digestive system gets going. Breakfast starts this early so everything runs smoothly.
Even though many of us know all of these things, we still don’t take the time to eat in the morning and when we do it is often a fat and/or sugar laden processed items that leaves us either feeling weighed down or wanting more just an hour later.
High Fiber – The key to a Great Day
Time to trade in those processed foods for a high fiber breakfast that will keep you going until lunch!
Fiber is the key to morning success because it is digested slowly and provides the body with lots of healthy and long-burning energy.
This is why Holy Crap should be your breakfast cereal. It includes:
- Healthy seeds, like chia and hulled hemp seeds, provide you with protein rich calories that are excellent fuels for your body
- Raisins, dried cranberries, and apples provide your muscles and brain with healthy sugars and trace minerals they need in order to function at top speed
- Buckwheat helps keep your digestive system and your arteries get and stay squeaky clean.
- Cinnamon contains anti-oxidants and help control blood sugar
Pair Holy Crap with an organic yogurt, milk, or non-dairy beverage of your choice and you have a healthy meal that you can eat at home or easily keep at work.
Each serving of Holy Crap cereal contains 24% of your Daily Requirement for Fiber
If you aren’t a cereal fan, that’s ok, here is a list of some of other fiber-rich breakfast recipes that you can have:
No matter what item you choose, try a high fiber breakfast for two weeks and feel the difference for yourself. It is worth the effort.