The best gluten free oats are organic and non-GMO (genetically modified organism). Genetically modified foods are banned or regulated in most of the world due to concerns about their health effects on humans. Organic foods are grown without harmful pesticides and/or herbicides because these chemicals can have a negative effect on the body, building up over the course of years to toxic levels.
That’s why we made super healthy Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats with non-GMO, organic oats.
- Oats and oat bran are among the most heart-healthy foods in the world. Loaded with soluble and dietary fiber, oats are great for the digestive system and the arteries. Soluble fiber becomes a gel in the stomach and intestines. This gel captures cholesterol from the liquids in the digestive tract. It takes low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, the so-called bad cholesterol, and removes it from the body, while leaving the HDL (high-density lipoprotein) in the body.
- Oats also contain anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants bind with free-roaming oxidants that can damage cells and are thought to contribute to cancers and other illnesses.
- Eating oats helps to spread the rise of blood sugar over a longer period of time, helping to prevent sugar spikes and crashes. This helps to control glucose and insulin levels. Beta-glucan, a large molecule made up of multiple sugar molecules, in the oats slows the rise of glucose in the blood.
- Phyto-chemicals, non-nutritive plant chemicals that have protective or disease preventative properties, are found in all vegetables and grains. Oats are no different. Phyto-chemicals have been shown to have an anti-cancerous effect, particularly for cancers that have been on the rise in recent decades, such as colo-rectal, prostate, and hormone-related cancers, like ovarian cancer.
- Hypertension, high blood pressure, has many causes, such as heredity, obesity, and diet. Oats have been proven to reduce blood pressure when eaten on a consistent basis. Oats contain fiber, as well as calcium and potassium. Aside from the cholesterol-lowering powers of fiber, calcium and potassium have been shown to reduce blood pressure naturally.
- Constipation and other bowel issues can be caused by a lack of fiber in the diet. Oats, being a significant source of fiber, can help to improve bowel function and help a person to stay more regular.
- Oats are a great source of complex carbohydrates providing lots of energy for athletes. Because these aren’t simple sugars, like processed flour or sugar, they last longer and fuel the body more efficiently.