Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summertime favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect protein for a summer salad or with a beach picnic. You'll savor each delicious and crunchy bite!
A special thanks to Charlene SanJenko, a vibrant entrepreneur who embodies lifestyle with leadership, for contributing this recipe.
- 2 full chicken breasts or 4 halves
- 1/2 tbsp Chipotle pepper sauce (canned)
- Bragg’s liquid soy
- Chipotle pepper (or black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- Combine marinade ingredients
- Place 4 chicken breast halves in large ziplock bag or in a covered dish with marinade ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight, turning bag a couple of times.
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, crushed in your Kitchen Ninja or food processor
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp Skinny B cereal
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder Chipotle or black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar Splenda (optional)
- Sea salt
- Mix all coating ingredients well and place in a pie pan or bowl larger enough to work in while coating your chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread a baking sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- After coating both sides of your chicken well, carefully place on the sheet and prepare to bake for approximately 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Watch that it browns well but doesn’t burn.
- You may wish to broil it for the final two minutes.
Nutrition Facts for Walnut Crusted Chicken Breast Half
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 100 G SERVING (½ CHICKEN BREAST). Calories (260) Total Fat (14 g) includingOmega-3 (1.5 g) and Omega-6 (1 g) Total Carbohydrates (8 g) Dietary Fibre (3 g) Protein (26 g) Provides 14% of your daily total iron needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep a...
Coconut Rice Pudding
A favorite winter dessert around our house is this creamy coconut rice pudding. It's a healthier, and tastier version...