Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summer-time favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect protein for a summer salad or with a beach picnic. You'll savour each delicious and crunchy bite!
A special thanks to Charlene SanJenko, a vibrant entrepreneur who embodies lifestlye with leadership, for contributing this recipe.
- 2 full chicken breasts or 4 halves
- 1/2 tbsp Chipotle pepper sauce (canned)
- Bragg’s liquid soy
- Chipotle pepper (or black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- Combine marinade ingredients
- Place 4 chicken breast halves in large ziplock bag or in a covered dish with marinade ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight, turning bag a couple of times.
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, crushed in your Kitchen Ninja or food processor
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp Skinny B cereal
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder Chipotle or black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar Splenda (optional)
- Sea salt
- Mix all coating ingredients well and place in a pie pan or bowl larger enough to work in while coating your chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread a baking sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- After coating both sides of your chicken well, carefully place on the sheet and prepare to bake for approximately 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Watch that it browns well but doesn’t burn.
- You may wish to broil it for the final two minutes.
Nutrition Facts for Walnut Crusted Chicken Breast Half
You won't find a simpler crispy cracker recipe. Our 2-ingredient Skinny B crackers are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and...
Dark Chocolate Bark
These rich, dark, rustic pieces of handmade love will satisfy your chocolate craving, and they’re easy to make. Doubl...
Ultimate Breakfast Granola
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...