Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summer-time favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect protein for a summer salad or with a beach picnic. You'll savour each delicious and crunchy bite!
A special thanks to Charlene SanJenko, a vibrant entrepreneur who embodies lifestlye with leadership, for contributing this recipe.
- 2 full chicken breasts or 4 halves
- 1/2 tbsp Chipotle pepper sauce (canned)
- Bragg’s liquid soy
- Chipotle pepper (or black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- Combine marinade ingredients
- Place 4 chicken breast halves in large ziplock bag or in a covered dish with marinade ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight, turning bag a couple of times.
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, crushed in your Kitchen Ninja or food processor
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp Skinny B cereal
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder Chipotle or black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar Splenda (optional)
- Sea salt
- Mix all coating ingredients well and place in a pie pan or bowl larger enough to work in while coating your chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread a baking sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- After coating both sides of your chicken well, carefully place on the sheet and prepare to bake for approximately 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Watch that it browns well but doesn’t burn.
- You may wish to broil it for the final two minutes.
Nutrition Facts for Walnut Crusted Chicken Breast Half
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep...
Coconut Rice Pudding
This easy creamy coconut rice pudding with Holy Crap cereal is a perfect winter dessert. Serve warm or cold. It's glu...
Refreshing Rhubarb Smoothie
The rhubarb and strawberries in this creation are a tantalizing taste sensation when combined with Holy Crap or Skinn...