Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summer-time favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect protein for a summer salad or with a beach picnic. You'll savour each delicious and crunchy bite!
A special thanks to Charlene SanJenko, a vibrant entrepreneur who embodies lifestlye with leadership, for contributing this recipe.
- 2 full chicken breasts or 4 halves
- 1/2 tbsp Chipotle pepper sauce (canned)
- Bragg’s liquid soy
- Chipotle pepper (or black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- Combine marinade ingredients
- Place 4 chicken breast halves in large ziplock bag or in a covered dish with marinade ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight, turning bag a couple of times.
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, crushed in your Kitchen Ninja or food processor
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp Skinny B cereal
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder Chipotle or black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar Splenda (optional)
- Sea salt
- Mix all coating ingredients well and place in a pie pan or bowl larger enough to work in while coating your chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread a baking sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- After coating both sides of your chicken well, carefully place on the sheet and prepare to bake for approximately 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Watch that it browns well but doesn’t burn.
- You may wish to broil it for the final two minutes.
Nutrition Facts for Walnut Crusted Chicken Breast Half
Ultimate Breakfast Granola
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC , is on the ...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post work-out snack or a mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she us...