Tired of the same old side dishes? Our quinoa and zucchini pilaf tastes like spring. It goes with anything or makes an ideal main course for anyone avoiding gluten or eating a vegetarian diet.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 T. olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 T. Skinny B or Holy Crap
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- In a saucepan combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until water is absorbed – about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the walnuts and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add diced onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini, Skinny B, salt and pepper, stirring just until wilted – about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked quinoa until combined.
- Tips: Watch the walnuts closely as they can burn quickly. It’s preferable to undercook the grated zucchini than overcook it.
Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN for Holy Crap Cereal says, "This recipe is a great nutritious main or side dish that's high in fiber and a good source of protein."
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC , is on the ...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post work-out snack or a mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she us...
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep...