These decadent little chocolate truffles are free of gluten, dairy, refined sugar. They are grain-free, Paleo and vegan. The best part of making them is that they can be made in just a few minutes flat. I love chocolate, and these truffles offer so much more nutrition than store-bought varieties. The combination of ground dates and nuts makes a great “dough” that is fun to work with. This recipe will please adults and children alike, including the fussiest members of your family!
- 1 1/4 cup natural hazelnuts (works with other nuts as well)
- 1 1/4 cup dates (pits removed)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 T. Holy Crap or Skinny B soaked in 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup natural shredded coconut
- Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor.
- Add the dates to the food processor. Grind until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add vanilla, cocoa powder, sea salt and Holy Crap 9or Skinny B to your mixture, and combine.
- Make small 1 inch balls and roll in shredded coconut until covered. Alternatively roll in cocoa or coarsely chopped nuts
A special thanks to Lisa Cantkier, Nutritionist and founder of GlutenFreeFind.com, your key gluten-free directory, for contributing this recipe.
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep...
Coconut Rice Pudding
This easy creamy coconut rice pudding with Holy Crap cereal is a perfect winter dessert. Serve warm or cold. It's glu...
Refreshing Rhubarb Smoothie
The rhubarb and strawberries in this creation are a tantalizing taste sensation when combined with Holy Crap or Skinn...