Our Chocolate cake is a breeze to make. It’s gluten free and dairy free, too. Use a cookie cutter to cut out a shape from a sliced piece of the cake and garnish with sauce and berries for a special Valentine’s Day dessert.
“Talk about cake with benefits! Packed with protein and fiber this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds and your body. Using coconut sugar is an amazing alternative to conventional sugar, it’s mineral rich and lower on the glycemic index.” Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 1 19 oz. (540 ml) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T. (28 g) Skinny B soaked in 4 T. water for 5 minutes
- 1/2 c. (100 g) sugar (coconut sugar, brown sugar or white sugar)
- 3 T. (24 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- Zest from one orange
- 1/2-3/4 tsp (3 ml) kosher salt
- 1/2 c. (50 g) chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Blend all ingredients except chopped chocolate
- Pour batter into loaf pan
- Spread chopped chocolate evenly across surface and use a spoon to push under the batter surface
- Bake for 35 minutes and cool completely before removing from the pan
- The cake will keep in the fridge for 5 days
- Optional serving tip: Slice cake and using a large cookie cutter cut into a decorative shape. Garnish with sauce or fruit coulis.
Nutrition Facts for Dense Chocolate Cake
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...