One of the best things about living on the West Coast is berry season. Every year, I look forward to filling buckets with local berries and freezing them for the winter months. I like strawberries and raspberries in combination, but you could use just one berry or substitute any of your other favourites—blueberries, blackberries, huckleberries, Saskatoon berries . . . try them all! (If you’re using fresh berries, throw in a few ice cubes to increase the thickness.) This smoothie comes together in just a few minutes, so it’s perfect when you need breakfast in a hurry or a midafternoon pick-me-up.
"The berries in this smoothie are packed with antioxidants, and the protein and fiber will keep you satisfied until lunchtime!" -Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- ½ cup (120 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL/28 g) Skinny B cereal
- ½ cup (120 mL) fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- ½ cup (120 mL) fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh berries, for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Pour the water into a bowl, stir in the Skinny B cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients, except the garnishes, in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with fresh berries and mint and serve.
Nutrition Facts for Berrylicious Smoothie
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 420 G SERVING. Calories (180) Total Fat (5.5 g) including Omega-3 (1.5 g) and Omega-6 (1.25 g) Total Carbohydrates (26 g) Dietary Fibre (7 g) Protein (11 g) Provides 50% of your daily vitamin C and 38% of your daily calcium needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Our Two-Ingredient Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats breakfast cookies have a satisfying chewiness. The natural sweetne...
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...