Nothing says summer more than crisp greens and fresh veggies. This is the recipe to make after harvesting produce from your garden or returning from the farmers’ market. Enjoy this salad on its own for lunch, serve it as a side dish, at a picnic or top it with seafood (or cooked chickpeas or fava beans) for a heartier main course. Make this salad in a jar for easy transport or mix it up on a salad plate instead.
"You'll love the added CRUNCH of holy crap in your salad. The addition of fibre, protein and essential fatty acids is another bonus!" - Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped yellow and orange bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL/28 g) Holy Crap cereal
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped zucchini, cut in ¼-in slices and then quartered
- 2 cups (475 mL) mixed baby greens or baby spinach leaves
- Divide the vinaigrette between two 16-oz (500 mL) glass jars with lids. Placing half the ingredients in each jar, top the vinaigrette with the tomatoes and bell peppers, followed by layers of cereal and zucchini.
- Finish with the baby greens or spinach. Seal the jars. Shake well before eating.
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 180 G SERVING WITH 2 TBSP (30 ML) DRESSING. Calories (325) Total Fat (28 g) including Omega-3 (1.5 g) and Omega-6 (1 g) Total Carbohydrates (15 g) Dietary Fibre (4 g) Protein (6 g) Provides 142% of your daily vitamin C and 62% of your daily vitamin A needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Our Two-Ingredient Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats breakfast cookies have a satisfying chewiness. The natural sweetne...
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...