Sometimes fresh, simple and classic is best. And so it is with this delicious gluten-free pizza that highlights tomatoes, basil, and cheese. Choose the best-quality ingredients you can find, including basil and tomatoes fresh from your garden or the farmers’ market. (And, of course, feel free to change up the toppings to take advantage of whatever beautiful fresh produce you have on hand.) Serve this pizza as a main course or cut into smaller pieces as an appetizer.
Servings: One 8 - 10-inch pizza
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- 2 Tbsp Holy Crap Natural Superseed Blend cereal
- 2 Tbsp chopped onions
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- ½ cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper cut into an 8 to 10-inch circle (depending on how thick you like the crust).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the cooked rice, Natural Superseed Blend cereal, onions and ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese and mix until well combined. Spread this pizza base onto parchment paper circle placed on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Top the pizza base with the remaining mozzarella and the grape tomatoes. Return to the oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves, cut into 8 wedges and serve.
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 87 G SERVING (1 SLICE). Calories (150) Total Fat (7 g) including Omega-3 (250 mg) and Omega-6 (875 mg) Total Carbohydrates (10 g) Dietary Fibre (1 g) Protein (10 g). Provides 23% of your daily calcium needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.