Sometimes fresh, simple and classic is best. And so it is with this delicious gluten-free pizza that highlights tomatoes, basil, and cheese. Choose the best-quality ingredients you can find, including basil and tomatoes fresh from your garden or the farmers’ market. (And, of course, feel free to change up the toppings to take advantage of whatever beautiful fresh produce you have on hand.) Serve this pizza as a main course or cut into smaller pieces as an appetizer.
Makes:One 8 - 10 inch (20 - 25 cm) pizza
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked brown rice
- ½ cup (120 mL) cooked wild rice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL/28 g) Skinny B cereal
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped onions
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- ½ cup (120 mL) chopped grape tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 450F (230C). Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper cut into an 8- to 10-in (20- to 25-cm) circle (depending on how thick you like the crust).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the cooked rice, Skinny B cereal, onions and ½ cup (120 mL) grated mozzarella cheese and mix until well combined. Spread this pizza base onto parchment paper circle placed on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Top the pizza base with the remaining mozzarella and the grape tomatoes. Return to the oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves, cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts for Margherita Pizza
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 87 G SERVING (1 SLICE). Calories (150) Total Fat (7 g) including Omega-3 (250 mg) and Omega-6 (875 mg) Total Carbohydrates (10 g) Dietary Fibre (1 g) Protein (10 g)
Provides 23% of your daily calcium needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.