Blackberries have to be one of the most delicious ways to treat yourself right. This breakfast parfait makes the most of their awesomeness … putting the ‘good’ in good morning.
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist for contributing this tasty recipe.
"This gluten free breakfast not only tastes amazing, it stabilizes your blood sugar." Kathy Smart TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blackberries (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 2 T. (28 g) Holy Crap cereal pre-soaked in 1/4 c. water for 5 minutes/li>
- Build your parfait in colorful layers – first the yogurt, then the pre-soaked Holy Crap cereal and the blackberries last.
- Top it all with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of honey for the perfect touch of sweetness.
Nutrition Facts for Blackberry Breakfast Parfait
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 255 G SERVING. Calories (260) Total Fat (8 g) including Omega-3 (2.5 g) and Omega-6 (2 g) Total Carbohydrates (27 g) Dietary Fibre (10 g) Protein (19 g) Provides 40% of your daily vitamin C and 22% of your calcium needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...