Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats mixed with apple juice and nut milk–and then broiled to perfection–is a favourite breakfast. It was inspired by one of Martha Stewart's recipes and makes a hearty treat that will warm you up from the inside out. Sliced bananas and a sprinkle of brown sugar add delicious decadence.
Makes: 7 servings
- 1 bag (11 oz/320g) of Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup milk (250 mL) (nut or dairy)
- 1 cup (250mL) organic apple juice
- 1 or 2 bananas, sliced
- Brown sugar to taste
- Turn on the broiler. Lightly spray seven ¾ cup (180 mL) ramekins.
- Place the milk and apple juice in a bowl, stir in the oats and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir again and spoon into the ramekins.
- Top with sliced bananas, sprinkle with brown sugar and broil for about 5 minutes. Watch closely so that the sugar doesn’t burn!
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts for Banana Oatmeal Bake
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...