We've paired another superfood, rhubarb, with Holy Crap for a tangy breakfast treat. Rhubarb is low in carbs, high in vitamin C, fiber and potassium. Look for rhubarb at your local farmers market.
"The cooked rhubarb in this colorful parfait contains many powerful antioxidants (including lycopene). Calcium and Vitamin K also contribute to a healthy digestive tract. A perfect way to start the day,"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon yogurt (or flavor of your choice)
- 2 tbsp (28 g) Holy Crap cereal
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rhubarb puree (instructions follow) (reserve 1 Tablespoon)
Rhubarb Puree Ingredients
- 2 stalks of rhubarb cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- Optional sweetener like Stevia, honey or maple syrup
Rhubarb Puree Directions
- Heat on medium heat until bubbling, lower heat
- Cook until soft, about 10 – 12 minutes
- Add optional sweetener to taste
- Cool completely before using in parfait
- Layer a glass beginning with 1/2 of the yogurt, Holy Crap cereal, rhubarb puree and ending with remaining yogurt
- Top with 1 tbsp of reserved rhubarb puree
- Garnish as desired
Nutrition Facts for Rhubarb Parfait
You won't find a simpler crispy cracker recipe. Our 2-ingredient Skinny B crackers are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and...
Dark Chocolate Bark
These rich, dark, rustic pieces of handmade love will satisfy your chocolate craving, and they’re easy to make. Doubl...
Our Two-Ingredient Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats breakfast cookies have a satisfying chewiness. The natural sweetne...