We've paired another superfood, rhubarb, with Holy Crap for a tangy breakfast treat. Rhubarb is low in carbs, high in vitamin C, fiber and potassium. Look for rhubarb at your local farmers market.
"The cooked rhubarb in this colorful parfait contains many powerful antioxidants (including lycopene). Calcium and Vitamin K also contribute to a healthy digestive tract. A perfect way to start the day,"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon yogurt (or flavor of your choice)
- 2 tbsp (28 g) Holy Crap cereal
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rhubarb puree (instructions follow) (reserve 1 Tablespoon)
Rhubarb Puree Ingredients
- 2 stalks of rhubarb cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- Optional sweetener like Stevia, honey or maple syrup
Rhubarb Puree Directions
- Heat on medium heat until bubbling, lower heat
- Cook until soft, about 10 – 12 minutes
- Add optional sweetener to taste
- Cool completely before using in parfait
- Layer a glass beginning with 1/2 of the yogurt, Holy Crap cereal, rhubarb puree and ending with remaining yogurt
- Top with 1 tbsp of reserved rhubarb puree
- Garnish as desired
Nutrition Facts for Rhubarb Parfait
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...