Here’s a way to get your pancake fix without the gluten … while adding extra protein, omega-3 and omega-6, and fiber. Start with Pamela’s Pancake and Baking Mix – a wheat-free and gluten-free mix available at most grocery stores.
"These gluten free fiber rich pancakes leave you feeling light and energized, with an extra boost of antioxidants from the berries! Top with pure maple syrup for a nutrient dense sweet treat," -Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 1 cup of wheat-free and gluten-free Pamela’s Pancake and Baking Mix
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1 T. of oil
- 2 T. of Skinny B gel (see below)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blackberries (my favorite part)
To make Skinny B Gel simply place 1 tablespoon of Skinny B and 1 cup of lukewarm water in a glass jar. Shake well and let sit for an hour or so to thicken up. Here’s a tip … keep this mixture in the fridge to add as a gluten-free thickener to sauces, pancake and muffin recipes. Skinny B gel will keep in the fridge for about 10 days.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Then stir in the glorious blackberries.
- Pour spoonful of batter onto a preheated, lightly oiled griddle (medium-low heat) or 175 for an electric griddle.
- When the bubbles have burst on the pancake surface they are ready to flip.
- Serve immediately… and get ready for a whole lot of compliments.
- Extra pancakes can be cooled, wrapped up and frozen. Mmmm, just as good as the first time around!
Nutrition Facts for Blackberry Pancakes
Plus Gluten Free Oats and Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes with cottage cheese are very high in fiber and rich in both protein and calc...
Plus Gluten Free Oats and Banana Pancake
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes are the gateway breakfast to good health. High Fiber fills you up, Omega -3 ...
Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summer-time favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect...