Make this salad in a jar in the morning and it will still be crisp when you're ready to eat it at lunch time.
"Satisfying and nutrient dense salads like this one will keep you on track throughout the day. Make the right choices for lunch so you don't end up with the dreaded mid-afternoon energy crash!"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 2 c. Romain lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 unpeeled apple (red or green), chopped and tossed in lemon juice
- 1/2 c. red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 walnuts (optional)
- 1 T. Skinny B
- 3 T. of mayo or plain yogurt
- 1 T. of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients
- Divide and layer ingredients into 2 mason jars with salad dressing at bottom
- Shake well before eating
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...