Corin grew up cooking delicious multi-course meals with her mother. These days, although Corin still loves to cook and often entertain visitors, she tries to keep things a bit simpler and healthier.
These clusters are always popular; they’re easy to make and they feed a crowd. Best of all, three of these quinoa clusters contain fewer than 100 calories. Serve them as a savoury appetizer with a glass of wine, and then tuck any leftovers into your lunch bag for a snack the next day.
Makes 40 clusters
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) Skinny B cereal
- 2 cups (475 mL) cooked quinoa (about ¾ cup/180 mL uncooked)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded zucchini
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped green onions, white part only
- 1 pkg (5.2 oz/150 g) Boursin cheese or other soft cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Salt to taste
- Chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease two 24-cup mini-muffin tins.
- Pour the water into a bowl, stir in the Skinny B cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, zucchini, and green onions until well mixed. Add the cheese, using a spoon to break it up and work it into the other ingredients.
- Using a whisk, mix the eggs into the soaked cereal until well combined. Pour into the quinoa mixture and stir until evenly combined. Season with salt to taste.
- Drop 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of batter into each cup of a mini-muffin tin and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before unmolding. Serve warm, topped with a snipped chive. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for several days.
Nutrition Facts for Quinoa Zucchini Clusters
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 12 G SERVING (1 CLUSTER). Calories (30) Total Fat (3 g) including Omega-3 (75 mg) and Omega-6 (62 mg) Total Carbohydrates (3 g) Dietary Fibre (1 g) Protein (1 g)
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes with cottage cheese are very high in fiber and rich in both protein and calc...
Oats & Banana Pancake
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes are the gateway breakfast to good health. High Fiber fills you up, Omega -3 ...
Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summertime favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect ...