Corin grew up cooking delicious multi-course meals with her mother. These days, although Brian and Corin still love to cook and often entertain visitors, they try to keep things a bit simpler and healthier.
These clusters are always popular; they’re easy to make and they feed a crowd. Best of all, three of these quinoa clusters contain fewer than 100 calories. Serve them as a savoury appetizer with a glass of wine, and then tuck any leftovers into your lunch bag for a snack the next day.
Makes 40 clusters
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) Skinny B cereal
- 2 cups (475 mL) cooked quinoa (about ¾ cup/180 mL uncooked)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded zucchini
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped green onions, white part only
- 1 pkg (5.2 oz/150 g) Boursin cheese or other soft cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Salt to taste
- Chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease two 24-cup mini-muffin tins.
- Pour the water into a bowl, stir in the Skinny B cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, zucchini, and green onions until well mixed. Add the cheese, using a spoon to break it up and work it into the other ingredients.
- Using a whisk, mix the eggs into the soaked cereal until well combined. Pour into the quinoa mixture and stir until evenly combined. Season with salt to taste.
- Drop 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of batter into each cup of a mini-muffin tin and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before unmolding. Serve warm, topped with a snipped chive. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for several days.
Nutrition Facts for Quinoa Zucchini Clusters
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...