Here's a new twist on an old favorite. We've combined applesauce, uncooked oats and Holy Crap cereal for this gluten-free breakfast treat. The heavenly aroma alone will bring everyone running. Combining nutrition-packed Holy Crap cereal with wholesome oats gives an added boost to your morning meal. Like Holy Crap, oats are high in fibre and protein to keep you feeling energized and full for longer.
"By soaking the oats overnight they become easier to digest and the nutrients become more bioavailable! This time-saving breakfast helps to incorporate healthier options into your busy mornings." Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- ¼ cup (60 mL) gluten-free rolled oats or gluten-free steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) coconut milk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL/14 g) Holy Crap cereal Sliced apples, for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients except the sliced apples in a bowl or a glass container. Stir until well combined, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir again and divide into two serving bowls. Garnish with sliced apples.
Nutrition Facts for Apple Pie Overnight Oats
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 113 G SERVING. Calories (170) Total Fat (9 g) including Omega-3 (625 mg) and Omega-6 (500 mg) Total Carbohydrates (20 g) Dietary Fibre (2 g) Protein (4 g)
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...