Leave the oven off! These ridiculously easy no-bake cookies made with a handful of ingredients only take a few minutes to make. Company coming? Road trip? Kids need a snack? No problem! The rich taste and dense texture comes from that perfect pairing of nut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Since they need to refrigerate for a couple of hours before you can eat them, make them ahead of time so that they’re ready when you need them.
Makes: 13 cookies
- 1 cup (250 mL) Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) your favorite nut butter (soy butter, almond butter, peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup water (60 mL) water
- 1/4 (60 mL )vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. If your mixture is too thick or dry, add a little more water.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough into the palm of your hand, roll it into a ball, flatten it and put it on a plate lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Refrigerate the plate of cookies, uncovered, for 2 hours. Yes, it’s that easy! The cookies will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for several days, if they last that long!
A special thanks to Lisa Cantkier, founder of GlutenFreeFind.com, for the inspiration for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts for Nut Butter Breakfast Cookies
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...