This easy creamy coconut rice pudding with Holy Crap cereal is a perfect winter dessert. Serve warm or cold. It's gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
"Many people are turned off by the high fat and high calorie content of coconut products. Coconut products are highly beneficial to the body!
- The fat in coconut is made up of MCT oils (medium chain triglycerides) which are different from the fat we store on our body.
- This fat is metabolized differently than most dietary fats. It is highly utilizable for body energy functions.
- It can actually boost your metabolism and help you to lose weight!
- Although coconut is a saturated fat - it is a different form than animal fat and always free of cholesterol.
- Coconut fats are great for cooking because they don't oxidize with heat as do many liquid vegetable oils.
- Coconut milks are a great alternative to dairy! Great quality fats with no lactose or cholesterol!"
-Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Serves: 5 - 6
- 2 T. (28 g) Holy Crap cereal
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) arborio rice
- 1 tin (400 ml) coconut milk
- orange zest
- 2 T. (15 g) honey, dark maple syrup or sugar
- Soak Holy Crap cereal in water for 5 minutes
- Stir soaked cereal with remaining ingredients
- Pour into a glass 8 X 8 pan
- Bake at 250 degrees F. for about 1.5 hours - stirring gently halfway through baking time
- Garnish with fresh coconut shavings and orange peel
Nutrition Facts for Coconut Rice Pudding
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post work-out snack or a mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she us...
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep...
Refreshing Rhubarb Smoothie
The rhubarb and strawberries in this creation are a tantalizing taste sensation when combined with Holy Crap or Skinn...