When the weather turns warm and you want your coffee, cereal, and frozen dessert all at the same time, this delicious mocha-flavoured smoothie is the answer. For a caffeine-free version, try roasted chicory root instead of coffee. This plant has a familiar coffee taste, yet it’s full of antioxidants, regulates blood sugar levels and boosts digestion. This smoothie is the perfect healthy non-dairy drink for breakfast on the run or an afternoon pick-me-up.
- ½ cup (120 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (30mL/28 g) Skinny B cereal
- 1½ cups (350 mL) brewed coffee (try Beachcomber Coffee)
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate almond milk
- Small scoop of vanilla nondairy frozen dessert
- Handful of ice cubes
- Pour the water into a bowl, stir in the Skinny B cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve.
Nutrition Facts for Iced Coffee Smoothie
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 350 G SERVING. Calories (200) Total Fat (12 g) including Omega-3 (1.5 g) and Omega-6 (1 g) Total Carbohydrates (16 g) Dietary Fibre (4 g) Protein (6 g) Provides 15% of your daily calcium needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep a...