Crumble is a quintessential comfort food; it’s easy to make, endlessly versatile and very forgiving. And it complements just about any fruit you can think of.
It's perfect for a last-minute invitation to a potluck or when friends drop by for dinner. Serve this crumble with good-quality vanilla ice cream (or vanilla non-dairy frozen dessert) or with dollops of whipped cream, crème fraîche or plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats
- ½ cup (120 mL) roughly chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cold butter
- 4–5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 9-in (23-cm) square pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats, walnuts, brown sugar and salt. Using a pastry blender or a fork, cut in the cold butter until the mixture resembles peas. Set aside.
- Layer the peaches in the bottom of the pan, making sure to cover the entire surface, including the corners. Pour the crumble mixture over the peaches and smooth it out, ensuring you cover the peaches entirely. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the crumble from the oven, spoon into individual bowls and serve warm. Leftover crumble will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for several days.
Nutrition Facts for Peach Crumble
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Here's a new twist on an old favorite. We've combined applesauce, uncooked oats and Holy Crap cereal for this gluten-...
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Our Pumpkin Pie overnight oats with Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats cereal is an unforgettable breakfast treat that y...
Who doesn’t like fruit and nuts together? Especially good is any fruit you’ve picked and dried yourself, either in th...