This smoothie's a crowd pleaser. Kids love the fruity taste. Adults love that it has 4 g of fiber, almost twice the amount recommended for breakfast by Dietitians of Canada. You'll find the strawberries, banana, and cereal leave you feeling satisfied until lunch.
"The chia in Skinny B cereal is an ideal addition to any smoothie to create the perfect thick consistency. Plus it adds an extra boost of fiber which is important for maintaining digestive health," -Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
It's no secret that including fiber in your daily diet is good for you. Do you know why? A high fiber diet promotes a healthy and regularly working digestive system and contributes to:
- reducing cholesterol
- stabilizing blood sugar
- aiding in weight loss
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL/28 g) Skinny B cereal
- ¾ cup (180 mL) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (180 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sliced strawberries + a few more for garnish
- ½ medium banana + ½ for garnish
- Pour the water into a bowl, stir in the Skinny B cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients, except the garnishes, in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with sliced strawberries and bananas, and serve.
Nutrition Facts for 1 Smooth-Move Smoothie
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 275 G SERVING. Calories (200) Total Fat (6 g) including Omega-3 (1.5 g) and Omega-6 (1 g) Total Carbohydrates (29 g) Dietary Fibre (4 g) Protein (8 g) Provides 24% of your daily calcium needs based on a 2000-calorie diet.
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep a...