I ate very well growing up. My mother, who was an excellent cook, began each meal with a soup, followed up with the main course of coq au vin or something similar and ended with a cheese course. Sweets were rare in our house—until we moved to Canada. Here, I discovered my love of chocolate. These decadent mini cheesecakes—inspired by Annie at the Sweet Frosting blog—indulge my taste for chocolate without going overboard on the fat and sugar. ~Corin
“Looking to make big changes in your overall health? Start by making small changes like adding Holy Crap or Skinny B to your favorite indulgences! ” Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Makes: 8 servings
- 8 gluten-free “Oreo-style” cookies
- 8 oz (226 g) regular cream cheese (do not use whipped)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60 mL) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL/14 g) Skinny B cereal
- 8 fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line an 8-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Separate cookies and place one half in each liner, icing side up. Roughly chop up and reserve un-iced halves.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer until well combined, then add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides. Fold in yogurt and cereal, making sure they are well distributed. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fold in cookie pieces.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature without removing from the muffin tin. Then transfer to a plate and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, soften at room temperature for 15 minutes, then peel off the paper liners and garnish with fresh raspberries. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts for Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 6 6 G SERVING. Calories (220) Total Fat (13 g) including Omega-3 (190 mg) and Omega-6 (155 mg) Total Carbohydrates (19 g) Dietary Fibre (1 g) Protein (4 g)
Our Two-Ingredient Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats breakfast cookies have a satisfying chewiness. The natural sweetne...
A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's fir...
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...