The rhubarb and strawberries in this creation are a tantalizing taste sensation when combined with Holy Crap or Skinny B cereal. One sip and you'll be hooked on this simple smoothie that's chock-full of protein, fiber and omega-3 and omega-6.
"The cooked rhubarb in this colorful smoothie contains many powerful antioxidants (including lycopene). Calcium and Vitamin K also contribute to a healthy digestive tract. A perfect way to start the day."- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) plain or vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced strawberries
- 2 T. (28 g) Skinny B cereal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rhubarb puree (see below)
Rhubarb Puree Ingredients
- 2 stalks of rhubarb cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- Optional sweetener like Stevia, honey or maple syrup
Rhubarb Puree Directions
- Heat on medium heat until bubbling, lower heat
- Cook until soft, about 10 – 12 minutes
- Add optional sweetener to taste
- Cool completely before using in smoothie
- Soak the 2 Tablespoons of Skinny B cereal in 1/4 cup water for approximately 5 minutes. Cereal will swell and soften.
- Place all ingredients in blender including soaked Skinny B cereal and blend until smooth
Nutrition Facts for Refreshing Rhubarb Smoothie
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post work-out snack or a mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she us...
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep...
Coconut Rice Pudding
This easy creamy coconut rice pudding with Holy Crap cereal is a perfect winter dessert. Serve warm or cold. It's glu...