A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's first Gluten Free TV Cooking Show - for contributing this tasty breakfast granola recipe.
"The impact of eliminating gluten from the diet, even for non-celiac people is increased energy, sleeping better at night, less brain fog and a lot of people experience weight loss. The key to success is staying away from packages with a gluten-free label and focusing instead on fresh food,"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Makes: Twenty 1/3 cup (80 mL) servings
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) gluten-free steel cut oats
- 1 3/4 cups (453 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup (225 g) Holy Crap cereal or Skinny B cereal
- 1 1/3 cups (350 g) almonds, whole
- 3/4 cup (100 g) sunflower seeds, raw
- 3/4 cup (100 g) coconut, shredded unsweetened
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) pecans, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) peanuts, with skins
- 1 cup (225 g) walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 g) sesame seeds, whole untoasted
- 1/3 cup (100 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°F or 120°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- IN a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together agave nectar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour melted coconut oil over dry ingredients and mix well. Add the liquid mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden brown and very fragrant, about 1 hour.
- Remove the granola from oven and allow granola to cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts for Ultimate Breakfast Granola
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 172 G SERVING (1/3 CUP). Calories (390) Total Fat (26 g) including Omega-3 (1 g) and Omega-6 (1 g) Total Carbohydrates (25 g) Dietary Fibre (6 g) Protein (9 g)
Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC, is on the C...
Holy Crap Energy Balls
Holy Crap cereal Energy Balls are a great post-workout or mid-afternoon snack. Corin loves dates, and she uses them i...
Apple Cheddar Bites
Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep a...