A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's first Gluten Free TV Cooking Show - for contributing this tasty breakfast granola recipe.
"The impact of eliminating gluten from the diet, even for non-celiac people is increased energy, sleeping better at night, less brain fog and a lot of people experience weight loss. The key to success is staying away from packages with a gluten-free label and focusing instead on fresh food,"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Makes: Twenty 1/3 cup servings
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) gluten-free steel cut oats
- 1 3/4 cups (453 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup (225 g) Holy Crap cereal or Skinny B cereal
- 1 1/3 cups (350 g) almonds, whole
- 3/4 cup (100 g) sunflower seeds, raw
- 3/4 cup (100 g) coconut, shredded unsweetened
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) pecans, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) peanuts, with skins
- 1 cup (225 g) walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 g) sesame seeds, whole untoasted
- 1/3 cup (100 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°F or 120°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together agave nectar, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour melted coconut oil over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the whisked liquid mixture in and mix well.
- Spread the mixture out onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake in a convection oven, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When the breakfast granola is golden brown and very fragrant, (about 1 hour), remove from oven and allow granola to cool on sheet pan.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts for Ultimate Breakfast Granola
Plus Gluten Free Oats and Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes with cottage cheese are very high in fiber and rich in both protein and calc...
Plus Gluten Free Oats and Banana Pancake
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes are the gateway breakfast to good health. High Fiber fills you up, Omega -3 ...
Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summer-time favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect...