A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's first Gluten Free TV Cooking Show - for contributing this tasty breakfast granola recipe.
"The impact of eliminating gluten from the diet, even for non-celiac people is increased energy, sleeping better at night, less brain fog and a lot of people experience weight loss. The key to success is staying away from packages with a gluten-free label and focusing instead on fresh food,"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Makes: Twenty 1/3 cup (80 mL) servings
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) gluten-free steel cut oats
- 1 3/4 cups (453 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup (225 g) Holy Crap cereal or Skinny B cereal
- 1 1/3 cups (350 g) almonds, whole
- 3/4 cup (100 g) sunflower seeds, raw
- 3/4 cup (100 g) coconut, shredded unsweetened
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) pecans, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) peanuts, with skins
- 1 cup (225 g) walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 g) sesame seeds, whole untoasted
- 1/3 cup (100 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°F or 120°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- IN a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together agave nectar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour melted coconut oil over dry ingredients and mix well. Add the liquid mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden brown and very fragrant, about 1 hour.
- Remove the granola from oven and allow granola to cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts for Ultimate Breakfast Granola
NUTRITION FACTS: PER 172 G SERVING (1/3 CUP). Calories (390) Total Fat (26 g) including Omega-3 (1 g) and Omega-6 (1 g) Total Carbohydrates (25 g) Dietary Fibre (6 g) Protein (9 g)
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes with cottage cheese are very high in fiber and rich in both protein and calc...
Oats & Banana Pancake
Holy Crap Plus Gluten Free Oats pancakes are the gateway breakfast to good health. High Fiber fills you up, Omega -3 ...
Forget Shake ‘n Bake! Enjoy this summertime favourite, Walnut-Crusted Chicken featuring Skinny B cereal, the perfect ...