Cheddar and apple are a classic pairing, and these make-ahead appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Plan to keep a batch of these bites in the freezer to serve when last minute guests drop by for a drink.
Makes: 40 mini-muffins
- Olive oil for oiling muffin tins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL/28 g) Holy Crap cereal
- 2 cups (475 mL) cooked quinoa (about ¾ cup/180 mL uncooked)
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated green apple
- 2/3cup (160 mL) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Salt to taste Sprigs of parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Lightly oil two 24-cup mini-muffin tins.
- Pour the water into a bowl, stir in the Holy Crap cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa and grated green apple until well mixed. Add the cheese and stir gently until evenly incorporated.
- Using a whisk, mix the eggs into the soaked cereal until well combined. Pour into the quinoa mixture and stir until evenly combined. Season with salt to taste.
- Drop 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of batter into each cup of a mini-muffin tin and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before unmolding. Serve warm, topped with a sprig of parsley. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for several days.
Nutrition Facts for Apple Cheddar Bites
Coconut Rice Pudding
This easy creamy coconut rice pudding with Holy Crap cereal is a perfect winter dessert. Serve warm or cold. It's glu...
Refreshing Rhubarb Smoothie
The rhubarb and strawberries in this creation are a tantalizing taste sensation when combined with Holy Crap or Skinn...
This smoothie's a crowd pleaser. Kids love the fruity taste. Adults love that it has 3.6 g of fiber, almost twice the...